Do you own a laptop? Do you know how to check laptop generation? Well, look no further as we bring you a flawless guide that will help you to check its generation. Umm, still haven’t scrolled down? Go on, read ahead to find out. These things are important when you want to buy a new laptop or PC. Whatever the reason is, in this guide, you will learn how to check the generation of a laptop or PC in Windows 10.
Some easy steps to check Laptop Generation
Follow these steps to know your laptop’s generation:
- First, go to the “This PC” icon on your desktop.
- Next, right-click on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Properties”.
- Here, in front of the processor, you will find the information of your processor as well as the generation of your laptop. The first digit after your processor’s name will tell you your laptop’s generation. It can be from 1-11.
- Here, I have posted a screenshot of my laptop’s details. You can see that after i-5, the first digit is 4. So, my laptop’s generation is 4.
- If you don’t have the icon, go to the Search tab and type “This PC”.
- There, you will see the properties option. Click on it and it will also lead you towards your laptop’s details.
Note: You might have some different computer name in place of “This PC”. You will replace this name with the system’s name. My computer, laptop, or system name is “This PC”, so I followed the steps accordingly by looking for the “My PC” icon.
People sometimes forget about their laptop’s generation and then ask themselves how can I check it. To address your query, we have provided you a complete guide that you can use to check your laptop generation. The process is pretty simple and fast. Anyone can learn about their laptop generation if they follow the above-mentioned steps properly.
Hamza Subhan is a digital content director at Price In Pakistan. He lives in Lahore. He keeps an eye on every new item in the markets of Pakistan and his hand on the pulse of Pakistani people to provide them with the information that they need about the product. He has a bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering from UET Lahore. His keen passion for the latest technology, gadgets, and knowledge about electrical appliances led him to launch Price In Pakistan. He is the main hand behind the articles related to electrical home appliances and gadgets. When he is not looking out for the new technology and writing about it, he is playing guitar and singing for his friends.