ISPR (Inter-Services Public Relations) has announced the list of the best military colleges. Cadet colleges are special school systems that provide training services to aspirant officers of the Pakistan Army, Air Force, and Navy. These military schools aim to produce skilled army officers who become leaders of the country. They provide top-level education and special training with rules and regulations of armed forces.
There are army public schools and colleges in Pakistan where they provide quality education to children of Army persons as well as civilians. As a parent, it is our dream to see our child serving the country in the armed forces. Cadet colleges are the best places where they polish the skills and personality of a person making him/her a perfect candidate for the Pakistan army, navy, or air force.
To help you find the best military college for your child, we have compiled a list of the best cadet colleges in Pakistan where he/she will get the quality education and develop skills needed in an army officer.
9 Best Cadet College in Pakistan
Here are some of the best cadet colleges in Pakistan. These institutions are the best place to groom your child in terms of education, fitness, and other factors to serve in the armed forces.
|Cadet College Hassan Abdal||For O and A levels students: PKR 56,400 and PKR 61,100
For class 8th and First year: PKR 50,939 and PKR 53,098
|Military College Murree||—–||https://mcm.edu.pk/|
|Cadet College Fateh Jung||For class 6 – 9: PKR 22,000/month
For Intermediate: PKR 21500/month
|Cadet College Jhelum||—–||http://www.ccj.edu.pk/|
|Cadet College Kallar Kahar||—–||http://cckk.edu.pk/|
|Girls Cadet College Mardan||PKR 57,000 per semester||https://gccm.edu.pk/|
|Cadet College Pasrur||PKR 16,000 per month||http://www.cadetcollegepasrur.edu.pk/|
|Cadet College Petaro||For Class 7 to 10: PKR 555,993 per annum
For first and second year: PKR 568,650 per annum
For O and A levels: PKR 688,766 and PKR 740,519 per annum
|Garrison Cadet College Kohat||For sons of army officers: PKR 241,200 per annum
For civilians: PKR 256,300 per annum
1. Cadet College Hassan Abdal
Cadet College Hassan Abdal was established by late General Ayub Khan in the early 1950s. It is located near the Attock district of Punjab. It is among the oldest cadet colleges in Pakistan to train young individuals with the proper educational and physical training to be army cadet.
Currently, it has around 500 students enrolled in it and has 47 faculty personnel. The college is spread across the area of 98 acres. It has various facilities including gymnasium, sports courts for squash, hockey and cricket. It houses a 16-bed-hospital facility for students.
To get yourself enrolled in this reputable and esteemed school, you have to clear the written test, interview and medical examination.
- An individual can be enrolled in the Secondary Section i.e. Grade 8, 9 and 10 (Matriculation system) at the age of 12 to 19 years.
- An individual can also enroll himself in the intermediate program which includes grade 11 and 12.
- Matriculation and Intermediate programs are affiliated with BISE Rawalpindi.
- A student can also opt for O and A levels.
- The tuition fee for an O level student is PKR 56,337/month and for A levels, it is PKR 61,075/month.
- The tuition fee for a student entering in grade 8 to grade 10 is PKR 50,939/month and for a first year student, it is PKR 53,098/month.
- The tuition fee will be charged from year of entry and will increase by 10% annually.
2. Military College Murree
Military College Murree was established in 2004 and has earned fame very quickly by providing good education and training. It is one of the three military colleges in Pakistan. Here, in addition to basic education, the students are encouraged to take part in various sports to impart leadership and competitive traits in them and to help them stay fit both physically and mentally.
Cadet College Murree is located in Upper Topa which makes it accessible to the students from Rawalpindi. It offers brilliant hostel facilities to its students.
Military College Murree offers admission to students in Class 8th and First year. To become a part of this esteemed college, the student has to pass the written test, interview and physical examination.
- The college holds a quota for the songs of army officers, soldiers, Frontier Corp, Punjab Rangers, Fata Youth, and civilians.
- For admission in 8th grade, the candidate must be 12 – 14 years of age.
- The matriculation and intermediate programs are affiliated with BISE Rawalpindi.
3. Cadet College Fateh Jung
Cadet College Fateh Jung has earned its reputation for empowering students with comprehensive knowledge of all major educational fields along with knowledge of Islam. The college was established in 2001 and is located in the Attock District of Punjab. It is spread across an area of about 27.5 acres in which it incorporates two academic blocks, three hostel blocks and a mess hall. The college has an auditorium and a swimming pool for students to enhance their sportsmanship. It also has a medical unit and a mosque for students.
Admission to Cadet College Fateh Jung is granted to an individual on the basis of test and interview.
- It offers admission to students from class 5 to intermediate.
- Matriculation and Intermediate programs are affiliated with the BISE Rawalpindi.
- Students can also complete their education through O and A levels programs.
- To get admission in this college, the student has to be 10 to 17 years of age.
- The tuition fee for students of grade 6 to 9 is PKR 22,000 per month.
- The tuition fee for intermediate students is PKR 21,500 per month.
4. Cadet College Jhelum
Cadet College Jhelum is located at GT Road in the Jhelum District of Punjab. It covers an area of about 28 acres. It provides a number of facilities including cadets mess, gymnasium, M.I. Room and sports courts. The college also provides the facility of a movie night to its students to relax and enjoy. There is a cafeteria where the students can have their meals. The college issues a magazine to keep students up-to-date with the news of events that take place outside and inside the college. A large number of students from this college are qualified for the armed forces every year.
Admission to this privileged institution is based on a written test, intelligence test, interview and medical examination conducted by the college.
- It offers both matriculation and intermediate programs to students.
- For admission in class 6 to 12, the candidate has to be 12 to 17.5 years of age.
- The college also caters for the students who wish to study O and A levels.
5. Cadet College Kallar Kahar
Cadet College Kallar Kahar was established by Lt. General Nazar Hussain in 1997. It is located in the beautiful area near Kallar Kahar lake. The college is spread across the area of 150 acres and has eight wings for its students. It has various playgrounds and mountains in its premises making it set with a very calm environment. It has various quality facilities such as hostel, mess, cafetaria and a library for the 660 students enrolled here. The healthy environment of the college is maintained by a dairy farm and a water dam.
The admission to Cadet College Kallar Kahar is based on merit, a written test, interview, and a medical examination.
- Cadet College Kallar Kahar also has a separate section for girls so that parents can send their sons and daughters to study close by.
- It offers admission to class 7, 8 and first year.
- Admissions for class 7 and 8 are opened in the first week of December every year.
- Admissions for first year are opened in the first week of March every year.
6. Girls Cadet College Mardan
Girls Cadet College Mardan was established in 2017 by the Pakistan-Tehreek-e-Insaf government. It provides the best opportunity to all those girls who want to serve in the Armed forces. The college, in addition to providing education, also trains the students for the future. It caters to the girls’ needs by providing them with a luxury environment and internet service to study. It also encourages extracurricular activities to help girls stay fit.
The admissions to the Girls Cadet College Mardan are based on merit, a written test, an interview and a medical fitness test. The admission is granted on the basis of the results of these tests.
- The matriculation and intermediate programs are affiliated with the BISE Mardan.
- An individual can get admission in class 8 based on tests and merit.
- The candidate must be of the age of 12 to 14 on the first of April.
- The tuition fee for each semester here is PKR 57,000.
7. Cadet College Pasrur
The Cadet College Pasrur was established in 2011 in Pasrur in the Sialkot district. The college offers numerous facilities catering to the educational as well as health needs of the students. It has a literary club, cultural club, photography club, painting club, science and engineering club to ignite passion for these areas in the students. The college issues a magazine; Pasrurian every six months which includes the best essays by the students in it. The students from different sports teams take part in inter-college sports events to encourage sportsmanship amongst them.
The Cadet College Pasrur offers admission in class 8 in April every year. They conduct admission tests, interviews and medical examinations.
- The college is affiliated with BISE Gujranwala.
- It has a boarding school for students from class 8 to 12.
- The tuition fee is PKR 16,000 per month.
- The age of the student should be from 12 to 14 years of age at the time of admission.
- The college offers admission in first year to only those who have scored 80% marks in their matriculation.
8. Cadet College Petaro
The Cadet College Petaro was initially established in Mirpur Khas in 1957 but later on, it was shifted to Petaro in 1959. The college is spread across an area of about 900 acres where it holds numerous facilities for the students and the teachers including their water and electricity department, ATMs in the on-campus bank, bakery, an agriculture farm, a cattle farm, a poultry farm, a barber shot and a riding club. It also has a sanatorium facility along with ambulances in case of emergency. There are eight hostels to house a vast number of students and teachers. It also has labs for physics, chemistry, computer science, and biology to meet student’s educational needs. It is a perfect place for students to learn and develop necessary skills to be independent and become a leader.
The admissions to Cadet College Petaro is offered for class 7, 8 and O levels once every year on the basis of merit. A candidate has to pass the written entrance examination by at least 60% which is followed by interview and medical examination.
- The college offers education in Matriculation and Intermediate as well as O and A levels.
- Tuition fee for class 7 to 10 is PKR 555,993 per year and that for intermediate classes PKR 568,623.
- Tuition fee for O levels is PKR 688,766 per year and for A levels it is PKR 740,519.
- Parents cannot send cash to the students hence the college pays PKR 900 to each boy every month.
9. Garrison Cadet College Kohat
Garrison Cadet College Kohat was established in 1993 in Kohat. It is one of the best cadet colleges in Pakistan. It is spread across an area of about 85 acres and holds 600 students at one time. The college has top grade facilities including six hostels, well-equipped science labs, a library, and sports ground. It has a dispensary, a bakery, a cobbler, a barbershop, a laundry shop and a tailor. There are several clubs where students can take part in extracurricular activities such as dramatic club, hiking and trekking club, archery club, paragliding facility and many more.
The admission to Garrison Cadet College Kohat is based on a written entrance test which includes questions from various fields such as mathematics, general science, english, urdu. The entrance test is followed by an interview in which the final decision is made.
- It offers admissions to class 8 and first year.
- It is affiliated to the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Islamabad.
- Admission to intermediate is offered to only those students who show good academic performance in matriculation and discipline.
- The candidate must be of about 12-14 years of age to get admission in class 8.
- The tuition fee for the sons of army officers is PKR 214,192 and for civilians, it is PKR 256,272.